Friday, September 29, 2017

11 September 2017
Sixth day in Sweden 


I woke up early as I was all nervous for the big day ,'The India Day'. I got ready as quickly as possible because I had to pack my bag with all the costumes I needed for the program. I wore a kurti to school that day because we all had to wear traditional Indian costumes on this day. I was all scared because I have stage fright and I had to perform infornt of the second year students of Tullinge gymnasium and few parents who could make it. I and Ida (my host ) had to walk for about 15 mins to school. In school we had some free time to be with our friends. Soon the history teacher, Malin Jung came to inform us that we had a small school tour at 9. After the school tour we had a lecture on flora, fauna and life in the Archipelago by Arild Lagerkvist. Then we had our lunch at 11. We also had a lecture on preservation biology by Joakim Loqvist. The nervousness was increasing during the lecture as the program was just in a few hours. After the lecture ended we had 2 hours to prepare for the program. It was not only me who was nervous for the program, but almost every student was. We practiced our dance and then the teachers told us to wear our costumes and get ready. After we were done changing, we put on our makeup, all ready and pretty for the program. We had a final program rehearsal. Five minutes before the program we all had to go backstage and wait for the students to take their place. The crowd was huge. And at 15:00 the program started with the welcome dance by Siya and Priya. We put up a beautiful performance consisting of different cultural and traditional dances such as the Punjabi, Gujarati, Goan, classical, etc. We put up a fashion show wearing all the traditional Indian costumes. We also had a Bollywood mashup at the end. The program ended with the Indian National Anthem. Goan sweets like bebinca, shev, doce were served to the Swedish students after the program. It all ended well. After this I and Ida went back home. I rested for some time and then I had dinner with Ida and her family. It was a tiring day yet an amazing one. 

No comments:

Post a Comment