Saturday, September 23, 2017

Student Exchange Programme
Sweden 2017-2018

Day 1 : 6th September

I was very excited and nervous as I was going to be traveling to a foreign country for the first time and also it was my first trip by an airplane. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 4am. We were 18 students and 3 teachers. All of us gathered at the airport at around 2am. Amidst all the excitement, the only thing I was thinking was what life will be in the next two weeks. I rarely knew the students who were accompaning me. As I was sitting in the airplane I was nervous and scared. As the airplane took off, my heart skipped a beat. At the same time the excitement of traveling by an airplane had pushed aside all the insecurities of traveling by flight. We reached Mumbai pretty fast, in a hour to be precise, from where we had to catch another flight at 7 am. Since we had two hours the teacher gave us the permission to roam the airport and told us to be at the departures at 6. Thinking we had to be at the same spot till 6am, Me and my friend waited at the same place. But to our horror the teacher had asked to come to some other gate which was way far away from where we were. And since it was my first time by flight I had no idea what to do or where to go. Somehow we managed to make it half way, but we were still lost and the time was just passing by fast. Then we saw our teachers screaming and waving to us and we hurried as soon as we can. After the bag checking we were just running towards the Gate. I was in a state of amazement as well as horror as I had no idea what was going on but I only knew that I was gonna miss my flight. Then to save our day came one of those automobiles in the airport which usually take you to your respective gates. As soon as we got on the plane, we felt so relieved. Needless to say we got a scolding from our teachers and I guess we deserved it since our Sweden Trip was going to be in the air if we had missed the flight. But then Ma'am Liesel calmed us down saying this happens with everyone and shared with us her experience on flight. We reached Delhi at 9 am and our next flight was at 11am. Needless to say, even though the teachers told us to go and see the airport we stuck with them because the Mumbai fiasco was already too much. Most of my time on the flight from Delhi to Sweden was spent on sleeping cause I was drained of energy. But I remember as soon as we were gonna land in Sweden, the view from the airplane was so beautiful. It was like heaven. There were clouds everywhere. Soon we reached the ground, did the airport routine checkup and went and met up with our hosts and went to Thier place. The first night at their place I was already feeling homesick and had no idea what was gonna be there in store the coming days. I unpacked my stuff and slept around 3am. Yes you must be wondering how 3am. But we almost had a jet lag of 24hours. So that explains it. So that was how the first day of the trip went by for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment