Friday, May 12, 2017

ICE SKATING  - Sasha Fernandes       

25th of April finally arrived! It was one of the days that everyone was looking forward to. Our dream of ice skating would finally be realised.
When we reached the skating rink, we saw some people skating. Seeing them glide with ease, we felt ,oh how easy and simple. But believe me, reality was a different story.
I was really excited about ice skating because it had been on my wish list since I was very young. All excited, we geared ourselves with skating shoes and headgear.
I was the first to get ready and step on the skating rink. All attention turned to me. Everyone expected me to fall as soon as they saw me on the rink. I had to be careful; I did not want to be the first to make a fool of myself. The ice was very slippery.  But miracles do happen and within a few minutes, I could skate without any help. Even our fellow Swedish students were amazed since they had fallen so many times when they had first stepped onto the ice.
It was a marvellous experience to skate with ease whereas my friends struggled to keep balance. It was a funny sight to see my teachers fall while trying to skate!! I felt like I had conquered the world when at the end of our skating session I had not fallen down even once.  

This day proved to be enjoyable, funny and exciting. It will remain to be a day that shall be cherished every time we look back at these memories. 



No comments:

Post a Comment