Monday, June 25, 2012

SWEDENN <3 


Upon my arrival in Sweden I was greeted by our Swedish friends. We soon left the airport with our respective correspondents. After travelling for a while by the metro we reached Stockholm. Ina, the girl I was staying with lived in an apartment that was more than a 100 years old, something quite common there. I was introduced to her family: Eric and Ana Westerstrom her parents and Sara her sister. That night the indian and swedish students had dinner at the tumba restaurant. I immediately fell in love with the swedish cuisine. One aspect about Sweden that bewildered me was the fact that the sun would not set until about 9 in the night!
The places we went to in Sweden were simply breathtaking. It looked really calm and serene. Our main mode of transport there were the metros which were a joy to ride on. Well, atleast we Indian students thought so. Some of the places we went to was Skansen which was a huge zoo, the city hall where we met the Indian ambassador of Sweden. Grona Lund, the amusement park was the best. We also danced traditional folk dances with some of the locals.
The people in Sweden were extremely friendly and hospitable.
Ina's family made me feel completely at home. I always had dinner with the family and we had delicious meals cooked by her parents.
The day we were to leave I had to bid farewell to the Westerstroms, the family I lived with for almost two weeks. It was a sad goodbye but the waterworks started when we had to leave our Swedish friends. Almost everyone was in tears including myself. Although we left Sweden the memories and the friends we made there will be something that will always be with us. Two weeks in Sweden were truly the best I've ever had with the best company one could have. I'll be back there someday re-living those two amazing weeks.


- Nikita Fernandes

No comments:

Post a Comment